- 3-5 hours per month for 9 months (September 2022 – May 2023).
- Must attend 9 of 12 cohort connections.
- Meets both in-person and virtually.
- Complete one group project with peers in addition to monthly connections.
Pilot Program is offered at NO COST to participants.*
*This inaugural Leaders for Change cohort is offered at no cost to participants. YWCA Metropolitan Phoenix encourages participants to become monthly donors of any size to off-set the costs of this program.
Get Connected. Create Change. Rise Up.
Representation Matters. At YWCA Metropolitan Phoenix, we recognize the need in Arizona for more leaders who lead through a lens of race and gender to strive towards equity and justice. This leadership program empowers young professionals to grow and better understand the power in their own authentic leadership.
- Community Organizing
- Board Leadership
- Political Activism
- Building an Inclusive Workplace
Through our 9-month learning experience, emerging leaders will engage in workshops, leadership opportunities, and community projects that will leave them with the tools to recognize and challenge systemic racism practices and policies within their workplaces and communities, and have confidence in their ability to speak up and create meaningful change.
Participants will gain:
Each participant will experience the benefits of what they put into the program. In addition to the monthly cohort connections, there will be optional opportunities to enhance skills, connections, and knowledge.
- Leadership skills to drive change in their communities
- Resources and knowledge that will help continue personal and professional growth through the lens of racial and gender justice
- Practical knowledge and approaches to social change
- Information about how to run a non-profit or business, including event and project management, strategic planning, community outreach, and fundraising
- Confidence to stand up against systemic racism and advocate for justice
- Access to networking and meaningful relationship-building opportunities with YWCA
Thank you for your interest in this program! Sixteen applicants have been selected for the 2022 Leaders for Change Program.
The ideal applicant is…
- an emerging leader in their 20’s or early 30’s at the beginning of their career and leadership journey.
- someone who has a desire to be involved in the Phoenix community through professional and community service and wants to effect positive social change
- has little to no formal leadership development training in academic, community, or work settings.
- has a passion for social change that aligns with YWCA’s mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
In carrying out its mission, YWCA Metropolitan Phoenix develops prosperity courses, community gatherings, racial justice learning circles, and public events that support you, and others across the Valley, in becoming the informed and engaged citizens and/or social justice advocates you want to be.
By sharing your personal demographic information, you help YWCA to tailor and customize its programming, therefore fueling the movement to eliminate racism and empower women. Thank you for trusting YWCA as a partner and champion in this work.
There are many ways to get involved at YWCA Metropolitan Phoenix
Your voice matters as we stand up for social justice, help families and strengthen communities. Whether you have time, talents, or treasures to contribute, learn how you can plug in to the YWCA community.