- 3-5 hours per month for 9 months (September 2023 – May 2024).
- Miss no more than 3 cohort connections.
- Meets in-person.
Interested in the next cohort?
Submit a Leaders for Change interest form.
Get Connected. Create Change. Rise Up.
Representation Matters. At YWCA Metropolitan Phoenix, we recognize the need in Arizona for more leaders who lead through a lens of race and gender to strive towards equity and justice. This leadership program empowers young professionals to grow and better understand the power in their own authentic leadership.
- Community Organizing
- Board Leadership
- Creative Self Development
- Civic Engagement
- Building an Inclusive Workplace
Through this 9-month learning experience, emerging leaders will engage in workshops, leadership opportunities, and community projects helping them understand how discriminatory practices, policies, and beliefs produce various forms of inequity. Participating young leaders will leave with the tools, language, and knowledge to recognize and challenge systemically racist practice, and have confidence in their ability to speak up and create meaningful change.
Participants will gain:
Each participant will experience the benefits of what they put into the program. In addition to the monthly cohort connections, there will be optional opportunities to enhance skills, connections, and knowledge.
- Leadership skills to drive change in their communities
- Resources and knowledge that will help continue personal and professional growth through the lens of racial and gender justice
- Practical knowledge and approaches to social change
- Information about how to run a non-profit or business, including event and project management, strategic planning, community outreach, and fundraising
- Confidence to stand up against systemic racism and advocate for justice
- Access to networking and meaningful relationship-building opportunities with YWCA
Alumni, Share Your Spotlight
In all professional roles and career stages, Leaders For Change Alum are change-makers, leaders, and innovators. They are passionate about social change and lifting each other up. It is important that we acknowledge and celebrate each other during and after completing a cohort! Have you or a fellow L4C alum accomplished something spotlight worthy (i.e. joined a Board, landed a new leadership position, been recognized for your contributions, etc.)? Please share! And yes! Please feel confident to highlight yourself!
There are many ways to get involved at YWCA Metropolitan Phoenix
Your voice matters as we stand up for social justice, help families and strengthen communities. Whether you have time, talents, or treasures to contribute, learn how you can plug in to the YWCA community.