Celebrate Women, Ignite Change
Join Us in Celebrating Women’s History Month 2023! Together we will transform Women’s History Month into a community-wide annual celebration of women and girls.
When we champion women and girls, we change our community for the better. We celebrate Women’s History Month to remind ourselves of the extraordinary accomplishments and contributions of women to our culture and society. When we amplify voices that often go unheard, celebrate milestones achieved, and unearth the tremendous history of women in our community, we all benefit.
Ways To Celebrate
We are highlighting Women’s History Month events and initiatives happening in March.
Local organizations, businesses, and institutions are teaming up to celebrate the achievements of women and girls in various activities. The month will wrap up with the YWCA Metropolitan Phoenix 29th Annual Tribute to Leadership Awards.
Check out the 2023 Women’s History Month events and special offers!
Be a Part of the Women’s Empowerment Month Celebration
Through this campaign, we will highlight Women’s History Month events, activities, and initiatives happening in March 2023.
Let us know how your business or organization is fundraising for YWCA and we’ll shine a light on your event by including it on the YWCA Women’s Empowerment calendar and marketing. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Highlight the women making a difference in your company–find ways to celebrate them both internally and externally.
- Share stories about women leaders at your company, in our community or from history in your employee newsletter, customer email, digital signage, social media, blog, website, etc.
- Offer Women’s History Month specials at your business, restaurant, and retail establishments.
- Coordinate a woman leader to speak at your organization and compensate her!
- Host a celebration for International Women’s Day on March 8th
- Give back with a donation drive for women-centric agencies or create care packages for shelters
- Cheer on local women’s college basketball teams during March Madness
- Sponsor, donate, and buy Tickets to the YWCA Tribute to Leadership Awards on March 29th.
- The opportunities are endless! We look forward to seeing how our community celebrates Women’s History Month.
Why Celebrate Women’s History Month
THIS COMMUNITY CELEBRATION ALLOWS US TO:
- Broaden our perspectives
- Offer the opportunity to embrace all genders and appreciate our differences
- Reflect on lessons learned
- Pay tribute to those who have brought us this far
- Be inspired by the trailblazing women who continue to lead the way for change
DURING MARCH WE HOPE TO:
- Inspire life-long learning
- Inspire allies of all genders to appreciate and embrace women/womxn
- Discover unsung women leaders
- Ignite a fire in young women on the rise
- Shine a light on those who may need community support
- Highlight women-led initiatives, start-ups, local artists, and businesses
- Celebrate our women front-line workers